Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
As per the title?

I wouldn’t mind a new gadget, but I just ordered a new car so my “retail therapy” urge has been satisfied.

My battery is still good (92%) and I’m happy with the cameras, so I’m thinking I might just leave the new iPhone until next year.

If you’re not upgrading this year, what iPhone are you currently using and staying with?

What are the reasons for you not upgrading?

Wishing you all well.

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
I will be sticking with my 12 Pro Max I think.

It still feels rapid with any task I throw at it and the cameras are solid.

My only issue is that my battery health has been stuck at 83% for a few months and I really do notice how bad my battery life is now! Apple won't replace it until it hits 79% with my Apple Care!

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I will be sticking with my 12 Pro Max I think.

It still feels rapid with any task I throw at it and the cameras are solid.

My only issue is that my battery health has been stuck at 83% for a few months and I really do notice how bad my battery life is now! Apple won't replace it until it hits 79% with my Apple Care!
I use my iPhone quite heavily, and my battery is still where I said it’s at.

It would be higher, if I hadn’t used a MagSafe charger for a while. I can tell you, first hand, that wireless charging definitely degrades battery health.

I stopped using my MagSafe charger when I saw my battery health starting to dwindle, and it’s been good ever since.

The 13 was definitely not worth “upgrading” to, but the 14 is interesting.

I wonder if they’ll keep the Dynamic Island around, or if it’s just there until they can eradicate a notch all together?

If they remove the notch all together, I think that can only be seen as removing what appears to be a very useful feature?

Anyway, the wait time for a 14 now is quite long, so that’s not exactly enticing. I was too busy ordering my new car at the time, and if you don’t get in quickly then you miss out.

Glad you’re still enjoying your 12 Pro Max.

pbonitati

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2015
Rhode Island
It’s a great phone no doubt about it, and I think it may be the thinnest of its style. But I left it for 120hz primarily. iOS does a great job with 60hz but 120 is straight butter.

srikat

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
I ordered a 14 Pro and put my 12 Pro Max for sale on eBay.

Did not go with 14 Pro Max as I wanted a smaller phone this time.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I have a 12 Pro Max and will be getting a 14 Pro Max. I play around with photography a lot and the upgrades seem really cool. Plus my battery is degrading. My number 1 reason? My favorite color is purple!

Reactions: doxielover

myvoip07

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2010
I ordered a 14 Pro and will pass on my 12 pro to my DS or DD :) They need an upgrade.

treyhunnid

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2018
Nah can’t pass up on the dynamic island. They can take this 12PM with 85% battery capacity on trade 😎

Reactions: ladytonya

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
I was staying, but just couldn't resist the Dynamic island.

Actually was badly missing the macro feature. Not to mention real closeup photos of 12 Pros are even worse than 11 Pros.

Reactions: ladytonya

RobinNL

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2017
World
Waiting for reviews. Would have loved USBC! I have skipped some upgrades in the past based on next-year rumors just to find another lackluster upgrade in the end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.