Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who else will install iOS 13 Developer Beta 1 the minute it is released?

• Total voters

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Who else will install iOS 13 Developer Beta 1 the minute it is released?

1. #MeToo!

2. Will wait to hear from others.

3. Probably later in the beta cycle.

4. Only in September with the full release of GM.

5. Only when I buy a new iDevice that comes loaded with iOS 13.
Answer: 6. No. I see no compelling reason to install it the minute it is released.

Reactions: AZhappyjack

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
I’ll probably install towards the end of summer, but not going to be a first adopter....

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
I will install ios 13 immediately on my test devices. My main device I will wait until later in the beta cycle. And so the cycle will begin again.o_O

I can’t wait for iOS 13. If I can get 8-9 hrs SOT on X with Dark Mode I’ll be a happy camper. :)

I currently get 5-7 hrs of light usage SOT with DM being used in some of my apps. And apps that I use Dark Mode in I basically use like 40% less power for the same time usage.

Reactions: I7guy

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
Won't install the beta, but really looking forward to the reviews and benchmarks.

atton

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2016
London, UK
I really want to jump on board as soon as it’s out but I only have my main iPhone available for testing so I’ll wait till people report back it’s stable enough. I might install on my iPad though!

I’m already gutted I’ll be on a flight and will miss the first hour of WWDC. At which point of the Monday live do you think they will present iOS 13? I’m hoping toward the end.. I can’t remember the format and if they first talk about other stuff, giving me some time to get online! :)

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
I really want to jump on board as soon as it’s out but I only have my main iPhone available for testing so I’ll wait till people report back it’s stable enough. I might install on my iPad though!

I’m already gutted I’ll be on a flight and will miss the first hour of WWDC. At which point of the Monday live do you think they will present iOS 13? I’m hoping toward the end.. I can’t remember the format and if they first talk about other stuff, giving me some time to get online! :)

The first hour or two of WWDC will be iOS 13 for the public. After that it’s actual developer code etc. Only the first 1-2 hrs of the first day are relevant for us.

atton

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2016
London, UK
The first hour or two of WWDC will be iOS 13 for the public. After that it’s actual developer code etc. Only the first 1-2 hrs of the first day are relevant for us.
Oh! I guess I might as well wait until it’s over and try to find the first rebroadcast of it and watch it from the start.

Thanks for letting me know!

DukeSilver79

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2018
Possibly on the ipad. Not until three or so on the phone. Too many apps often don't work at launch, so I can wait. I'm most interested in new watch features.

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
I used to install developer betas on my iPad starting day 1 and wait for some more stability before doing so in my phone.

However, I have transitioned 90% of my portable workflow from my MacBook to my iPad Pro, so I may hold off this year. I will see how compelling the feature set is before making a decision.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
I may install it on my iPad a few betas down the line, but my phone will be staying far away from beta releases.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I switched to the public beta option when that came out and have always installed beta 1 on my day-to-day phone. I like to live on the edge...

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Those leaked dark mode screenshots are making me reconsider on installing on my X...

Guess I'll be joining the beta-thread real soon :p

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Every year I install the new Dev beta on day 1, because I like to have the latest and greatest and simply can't help myself ( i know, I know its a disease lol)

However this year I am rocking a very stable jailbroken iphone XS Max with all of the features and tweaks I want from iOS so I may hold off on updating altogether..... Unless Apple gives us all of the following ... And knowing Apple I highly doubt all will happen:

-Dark mode

-Home screen redesign / Ability to place icons anywhere

-Revamped widgets

-updated volume HUD

-redesigned incoming call and siri screen (minimized)

-ability to go straight to home screen with face id when no notifications present

-Ability to control alarm volume independent of ringer volume

- Split screen apps or at least PIP for iPhone

Reactions: Breezygirl
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.