Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Ok so if you look at my post history I was super determined to stay with the 2018 xs max until 2021 iPhone 13. But I have to say right now I have one foot in the door and likely will pull the trigger on a pro max 12. So who else changed their mind? It’s funny cause I was super convince I would challenge myself and stay with the xs max but I think I’ll likely give in lol. I know I know hypocritical of me.

Myself talking myself into this purchase:
We been going on tons of road trips at least 2x a month to national parks since this pandemic started and I keep thinking, man having a wide angle camera phone would be awesome. It would have been great to have this camera in Yellowstone taking pictures in dusk like we were in late May.

Plus my battery sucks so much these days I fast charge 2-3x a day. I cracked the side of my xs screen so any battery change will likely cause the crack to increase leading to a $400 display swap.

I’m also on an mvno paying $25 unlimited and just discovered they’ll have 5g Verizon so I’m intrigued! Sorta like icing on the cake since I am happy with lte.

Anyway looking forward to a silver with white back with clear case that reminds me of my old iPods and plastic white MacBook.

Last edited:

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
I have always been upgrade yearly guy. I kept my xs max over last years 11 as well. I am planning on ordering the max for Two reasons. The battery on my max sucks and while I basically sit at my home office all day on a charger I am ready for a new one. And we live once and life is short. Why not get something new and shiny. :)

Reactions: ConvertedToMac

yungskeeme

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
Said I was going to update this year either. Service and battery starting to suck. Size is starting to bother me. Ordered the blue iPhone 12 Pro.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I think if people purchased these expensive gadgets outright and paid in full in cash at time of purchase, they'd resist the urge to impulsive buy.
With the current monthly pay as you go payment plans, $1200 doesn't look as painful when it's chopped up into 24 pieces - but it's still $1200

Reactions: bpa1093

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
I paid $1350 upfront for my xs max unlocked. Hence why I couldn’t justify upgrading to the 11. Not enough changes but I think with my battery and screen size plus other changes it’ll be a good upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.