Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, even for non-OLED non-touch model with RTX5000 costs about 10K. The next cheaper one is about 6K. Given the possible thermal issue, who will buy such laptops? As for X1 Extreme Gen 2, top two 4K non-OLED non-touch version cost about 5K. Is Lenovo trying to compete with Apple for the most expensive laptops?

Queen6

macrumors G4
Hi, even for non-OLED non-touch model with RTX5000 costs about 10K. The next cheaper one is about 6K. Given the possible thermal issue, who will buy such laptops? As for X1 Extreme Gen 2, top two 4K non-OLED non-touch version cost about 5K. Is Lenovo trying to compete with Apple for the most expensive laptops?

Those that need, portable workstation's can exceed $15K. If people are working remotely in the field where critical decisions need to be made, the cost is more than validated. In my industry such price points are not uncommon as such hardware can determine expenditure in the millions. ThinkPad P53 will be in contest with the likes of Dell's Precision etc.

Such hardware is aimed at corporate customers, private businesses that have mission critical applications, stringent requirement's for data quality & data accuracy. Here Zeon processors, EEC RAM, security and shielding all costs. The other aspect is global onsite support.

Q-6

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Those that need, portable workstation's can exceed $15K. If people are working remotely in the field where critical decisions need to be made, the cost is more than validated. In my industry such price points are not uncommon as such hardware can determine expenditure in the millions. ThinkPad P53 will be in contest with the likes of Dell's Precision etc.

Such hardware is aimed at corporate customers, private businesses that have mission critical applications, stringent requirement's for data quality & data accuracy. Here Zeon processors, EEC RAM, security and shielding all costs. The other aspect is global onsite support.

Q-6

If wifi access is no issue and one does not want to spend that much on a laptop, would it be better to buy a cheaper 15" 4K laptop with 6+ hours battery life and then use remote access to let a powerful workstation at home to do the computationally intensive stuffs? I am thinking if I should choose this route.

Queen6

macrumors G4
If wifi access is no issue and one does not want to spend that much on a laptop, would it be better to buy a cheaper 15" 4K laptop with 6+ hours battery life and then use remote access to let a powerful workstation at home to do the computationally intensive stuffs? I am thinking if I should choose this route.

In my realm no as it may not be technically feasible or permissible. In short the P53 is not aimed at you, save the $$$.

Q-6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.