Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
The other night it was snowing outside, and I was puttering around the house, with not a whole lot to do - so I decided to see what would happened if I put the camera right up to the window, and put the flash on...and well, the results were nothing like what I was expecting! :)

img19699uj.jpg

img19752ww.jpg

Try it - You pretty much can't mess up, and they make really cool desktops! :)

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
Okaaaaaaaaaaay then, :rolleyes:

One would think people have not grasped the whole idea about SNOW, I mean there are how many threads on this topic. Its nothing new, take a vacation to ski resort and you will sell a lot of real and fake snow depending on the weather. :)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
OutThere761, I especially like the top picture. Thank you for sharing. ;)

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
looks like a tower light... if you put the camera right up to the window, there won't be any room for reflections to be imaged...

OutThere

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
It's a streetlamp a block away from my house - it shows up better in some of the other pictures. Too bad it's not something cool and interesting - such as, as you said, the reflection off the eye of an animal. :cool:

maya - It's not that I haven't seen snow a lot (There's snow on the ground here all winter), but it's just the fact that the snow looked so completely different from normal in these pictures - I guess I didn't take into consideration the depth of field of the picture, and the fact that the out of focus flakes would be big and translucent. :)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
that is certainly an interesting way the pictures of the snow turned out, i like it, ill have to remember it the next time that we get some decent snowfall around here, thanks for sharing

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I have a similar picture as the first one that I took

However, I think what is more interesting is how I used it to create this poster for my campus literary magazine
opusfinal1dx.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.