Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

udontno

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2011
VA, USA
Update was available for me on the iPad around 1pm. It is now stuck at resume download (it is grayed out)... I'm incredibly frustrated as my iPhone did this when I updated to iOS 13. I tried a bunch of things but I never could get it to work and had to plug it into my computer for the update to install. It was the first issue I had with a personal device.

I have done thousands of OTA iOS updates and have only had a handful of issues... iOS 13 seems to be giving me a headache. [I work in a 1:1 iPad school district as a librarian, hence why I have done so many OTA updates. They can push out the updates remotely but sometimes it is easier to do them bit by bit since I need to lay my hands on each iPad anyway... and then I don't have 100 devices trying to download an update all at the same time on the same wifi access point.]

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
iPhone updated.
iPad updated.
Apple TV updated.

Nothing for the Homepod.

Apple Arcade games look awesome on my 75” TV. Can’t wait to try them in my media room!

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
Did it take a long time for the update to be applied? I've been sitting here now for over a half hour with just a spinner...I hate to cross post, but I posted this earlier...Just trying to figure out if this is normal and how long I should let it sit? It's now been over a half hour with just the spinner...no writing data bar or anything...

So I just updated both my iPhone Max Pro and iPad. The iPad update went smooth but on my iPhone, I'm just seeing a spinner. I downloaded the update, then updated. Put the phone back on it's charger and walked away. It's been sitting there now for about 10-15 minutes. No advancing bar, like it's applying the update. Just a spinner...

Obviously, I can leave it and see what happens...But does anyone know what the right thing to do here might be? Should I force restart the phone??

suyashsrij28

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2019
London, England
Did it take a long time for the update to be applied? I've been sitting here now for over a half hour with just a spinner...I hate to cross post, but I posted this earlier...Just trying to figure out if this is normal and how long I should let it sit? It's now been over a half hour with just the spinner...no writing data bar or anything...

So I just updated both my iPhone Max Pro and iPad. The iPad update went smooth but on my iPhone, I'm just seeing a spinner. I downloaded the update, then updated. Put the phone back on it's charger and walked away. It's been sitting there now for about 10-15 minutes. No advancing bar, like it's applying the update. Just a spinner...

Obviously, I can leave it and see what happens...But does anyone know what the right thing to do here might be? Should I force restart the phone??

if you’re stuck with a spinner (instead of a loading bar) you may have to force restart and reinstall the update. I experienced the same issue when installing the 13.1 beta on my 11 Pro few days ago as it was stuck with a spinner for ages

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX

Not long at all. Maybe 15-20 minutes?

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
if you’re stuck with a spinner (instead of a loading bar) you may have to force restart and reinstall the update. I experienced the same issue when installing the 13.1 beta on my 11 Pro few days ago as it was stuck with a spinner for ages

Thanks...That worked but wow, that was strange. Force rebooted the phone and it came back and said I was successfully upated to IOS 13...not 13.1...even though I had 13 already installed...Trying again now to update to 13.1...

Msimon87

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
New York
Strange bug on iPad iOS 13.1. Settings app icon have red number one and it says need update my Apple ID settings so I sign in and get faded out empty box do nothing. Force quit didn't make any difference and same with reboot.

I’m seeing this as well. Took same actions, no luck.

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
England
I’m seeing this as well. Took same actions, no luck.
I managed get pass it was even though no idea what it is. I tap each corner blank square cos that where normally buttons are and manage get pass it. Now it gone. Can’t remember which corner. One of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.