Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
Call me crazy but I'm looking forward to the performance improvements more than anything else. Could this be this generations Snow Leopard? I would rather have a fast and stable OS that without any hiccups. The DNA of the brand is to have hardware and software that just work. No gimmicks, and no bugs. What do you guys think?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm ambivalent.

It feels like every year, right around this time, the current version of iOS (11 in this case) is finally perfected, and run smooth and wonderfully. Then in August or September, the next iOS comes out and there's immediately something right off the bat that drives me nuts.

With iOS 10 and 11 it was performance problems. At least 12 seems fast out of the gate, so I'm less concerned, but still.

Reactions: TouchedByAl

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
I'm ambivalent.

It feels like every year, right around this time, the current version of iOS (11 in this case) is finally perfected, and run smooth and wonderfully. Then in August or September, the next iOS comes out and there's immediately something right off the bat that drives me nuts.

With iOS 10 and 11 it was performance problems. At least 12 seems fast out of the gate, so I'm less concerned, but still.

But this time it feels more like a evolution rather than the usual overhaul. That's why I'm so optimistic about it. After a year of iOS 11, anything that promises improvement is a win in my book.

Reactions: Jetcat3

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I’m not super excited but looking forward to it. There are some good changes but nothing earth shattering. As a father of two young children I’m looking forward to having better controls for when I buy them iPads and when they eventually have their own iPhone when they’re a teen. These controls will evolve to get better and better over time which calms my anxiety about children with unlimited smartphone access. It’s a nasty awful world out there!

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I installed it earlier and I like what I see. I am fine with under the hood improvements and tweaks.

So many people on the forum are upset or disappointed, that the new OS doesn't have several big features (as it were). In my mind, our iPhone computers are already capable of doing far more than most of us make use of on a day to day basis.

At this point in my life, I want a stable, secure OS, that meets my needs, even if those needs may change week to week, with certain apps etc. Apple is meeting my needs.

Reactions: Royksöpp

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
I’m probably in the minority but I’m super excited about being able to use Google maps in CarPlay. Honestly didn’t think we’ll ever get that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.