Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
i just paid my 12 month IUP payment for my XS Max, i'm on the fence about upgrading to 11 Pro Max. really want to hold off until the 5G iphone comes out next fall, but isn't the point of getting IUP is to get a new iphone every year? when 5G phone comes out i can do it again. are there anyone here in similar boat NOT upgrading to 11/11 Pro?

Patcell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
Bergen County, NJ
i just paid my 12 month IUP payment for my XS Max, i'm on the fence about upgrading to 11 Pro Max. really want to hold off until the 5G iphone comes out next fall, but isn't the point of getting IUP is to get a new iphone every year? when 5G phone comes out i can do it again. are there anyone here in similar boat NOT upgrading to 11/11 Pro?
I was on IUP with my X and kept it last year, skipping the XS, and it was real nice to be able to get $500 for my X to put toward the 11 Pro.

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I was on IUP with my X and kept it last year, skipping the XS, and it was real nice to be able to get $500 for my X to put toward the 11 Pro.

but when 5G iphone comes out, all pre-5G iphones' value will take a dip for sure. XS Max being two generations behind, i doubt it'd even fetch $500 next fall. still on the fence though, good thing is none of the stores near me has the one i want in stock, otherwise i'd have pulled the trigger by now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.