Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onescoop

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
I'm still 'in progress', please tell me it's not just me!

If anyone has any further info they've managed to get from o2 over 'it will come within the next 2 weeks' then please share...

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Mine is "in progress" too. I had a call on Thursday evening from O2 to say that it would be with me by 18th July.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
When did you guys order - I would be fuming! :mad::(

I ordered from the "failover" upgrade page at about 2.45pm on Monday. I'm not bothered to be honest, it's not like there is any hope of getting 3G coverage anywhere near my home or that GPS will be useful. My current one is fine for now.

onescoop

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
failover about 2pm, so not that bothered really (my order didn't show up until about midnight on wednesday). The strange thing is that I've had absolutely no contact from O2 about it, no emails/texts/calls at all.

onescoop

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
They could atleast contact you to say when it's gunna be delivered you would think! ;)

It's very strange customer service - it would be better even if they emailed just to say that I'd get one in the next delivery they receive, but they weren't sure exactly what day that would be.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
'm not bothered to be honest, it's not like there is any hope of getting 3G coverage anywhere near my home or that GPS will be useful. My current one is fine for now.

Out of interest, why are you upgrading then? Surely you get all the other benefits with the new software on your old phone.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Out of interest, why are you upgrading then? Surely you get all the other benefits with the new software on your old phone.

I'm doubling my storage for £159, a sum which I should be able to recover (at least partially) when I sell the old one on eBay.

solusoracle

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
Still waiting after ordering an upgrade from failover at 2ish on Monday. O2 phoned my landline yesterday (Friday) with a courtesy call to update me about my order stating that they are waiting for stock. Other than that I have recieved no email or text communication from O2 since the invitiation to buy text mMonday morning.

onescoop

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
I've got an email from their CS:

I'm sorry you didn't receive an email about the status of your order.

The 16Gb iPhone is expected to be available with us on 18 July 2008. Your phone will be dispatched to you as soon as it's available with us.

After your order is dispatched from our warehouse, you'll receive an automated email about the dispatch of your order.

April Dancer

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2006
Surrey, UK
In progress here too. I had the failover page and my order showed up on Wednesday afternoon. Just as I spotted it I got a text to say my order was successful and my phone would be couriered out for the 18th. I can wait but I'm going away on the 21st so hope it arrives for then or it's back to the depot

digbyp

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Sill me, I ordered it on Business tarriff! Order confirmation at Monday 08:11 (email), credit check cleared Tuesday lunchtime and since Wednesday status has been completed.

However, not changed since then, computer system reveals no more detail, subsequently no phone or any indication whether one is reserved for my order or not!

Next call to O2 on Monday

MacMalv

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2008
England
still in progress. I ordered at 8.46 on monday morning. Im pissed off because it was meant to be first come first serve, but many people ordered after me and got one on friday. No word from O2, but i come to expect nothing else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.