Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
In Germany and using SimON as my current provider. It’s using the Vodafone network with 5G but limited to 50 MBit/s down 25 MBit/s up.
But for 8,99€/month with the option to cancel on a monthly basis, including unlimited call volume and 12GB of data before reducing speeds it’s more that enough for me, as I am mostly connected to a WiFi anyways.

Been a customer for two years now.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Have been with Verizon since like 2002. Generally very solid. They keep me roped in with insanely good deals on hardware. Service is solid, and I get a discount for also having Fios (which I'm really liking lot).

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
VZW For good portion of 15 years. Hate them. They outsourced all their cust service off shore and its truly awful.
Depends on who you get. I've gotten some really top-notch attention from them over the years. A few duds, but I usually end up with someone competent and helpful.

profcutter

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2019
FIOS is the bright point of having Verizon. Extremely reliable, reasonably fast. Far better than Comcast or any other provider I’ve ever had.

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
Bell South, Sprint, Nextel, Sprint and now T-Mobile for the last several years. All good in N. Georgia.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
US Mobile (MVNO) on their Warp 5G network which is Verizon.

I had Verizon for the last 14 years but got tired of them raising the prices of each line. Last year they raised some of my lines by $3 and this year each line by $4. Since I don’t take advantage of any “free” phone offers and have been buying my phones directly from Apple I didn’t see the value of paying more so I moved over to a MVNO.

Seems like post paid service on the main carriers is only good if you take advantage of their new phone deals or if you need access to a lot of “premium” data. Or, if your account is old, has discounts, or a lot of free lines on your account (T-Mobile).

Timpetus

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2014
Orange County, CA
I've alternated between Cingular/AT&T and T-Mobile. First cell phone was Cingular, then second was T-Mobile. Got my iPhone 3G when they were still AT&T exclusive, then switched back to T-Mobile with my iPhone 7 because AT&T kept jacking up the price of our grandfathered unlimited data plan and making sure we couldn't use any of the cool new features. T-Mobile has so far honored their word, my old plan is still priced the same and has the same features as the day I signed up with them. I am on wifi most of the time so I really don't know how often I have 5GUC, I'm also in pretty bad areas for signal/speed for a lot of my commute (subway and train through very densely populated areas) so it's not really representative. At home, if I turn off wifi I have 5GUC, but for some reason it's ridiculously slow, like 2Mb/s download and 0.1Mb/s upload. It's been like this for years, something is just not right with my local tower. Doesn't really bug me since I have wifi and wifi calling works great.

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Depends on who you get. I've gotten some really top-notch attention from them over the years. A few duds, but I usually end up with someone competent and helpful.
Have you had to use them recently? They were never like this and they not too long ago shifted everyone offshore.

scrane

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2021
Moved from Verizon to Consumer Cellular. I got tired of subsidizing all the deals offered to new subscribers and none for loyal customers. Half the monthly rate on three lines with unlimited data vs 6 gig. US based customer service by people actually seem to care. I don’t know why it took me so long to dump Verizon.

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
That’s a long time! I used to sell phones for Cingular!
And now I sell phones for AT&T!! 😀

i had Verizon actually till recently. Long story. But wasn’t thrilled with the lack of service believe it or not at Disneyland. And AT&T is just better overall. I used to love Verizon but since the 5g thing it’s been on the decline.

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
Florida
I been on spectrum mobile for about a year now and before that I was on Zain (when I was working in Kuwait)

Last edited:

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Have you had to use them recently? They were never like this and they not too long ago shifted everyone offshore.
Pretty recently, yeah. They've always had heavily scripted offshore type reps, but if I've gotten to a certain point with an issue I've ended up with people who speak English well and know what they're talking about.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
VZW, for at least 10 years, ATT/Cingular before.
I've sworn to never ever five ATT a penny of mine, they screwed me over 10+ years ago and I cannot really remember what happened, some billing issue, I will stick to my comment, I might give TM a chance

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
Let's ask the question in 2024, how's your carrier? How long have you had them?

Also, I'm curious how often you're connected to mid-band 5G. Let me know.

Midband usually is 5G+ for AT&T, 5GUW for Verizon, and 5G UC for T-Mobile.
I have both Visible and ATT Prepaid on my phone. I noticed yesterday that Verizon 5GUW is showing up at my house. ATT 5G+ not yet, though I can see it at work. I kind of switch between having data on my Visible and my ATT line.

I'm doing the annual plans for ATT, so am paid for until early March 2025.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
$25 a month on ATT Prepaid. 8gb data and the rest is unlimited. Data rolls over and I have like 49gb data available.

BUT, my ATT is down in Jacksonville FL today due to the outage.
Just what plan do you have that allows more than 1 month rollover? :)
My ATT plan only rolls over 1 month, so since I get 16GB/month I normally have about 25GB available, of which I use only about 5-7GB.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
Just what plan do you have that allows more than 1 month rollover? :)
My ATT plan only rolls over 1 month, so since I get 16GB/month I normally have about 25GB available, of which I use only about 5-7GB.
It is called AT&T Prepaid - $25 per month:

ukms

macrumors demi-god
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
1990’s to date Vodafone UK.
2017 to date Etisalat in UAE

Etisalat is rarely off 5G no idea if it’s mid band.

My Vodafone line I just keep on a cheap sim only plan to use when travelling in UK or EU.

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
I got 5 lines with T-Mobile and 1 cellular watch line for $140 a month which isn't bad. Sometime when the service is slow all you have to do is ask for a credit. At&T only gave there customers $5 due to outage I would've told them I need $5 per line and 99.9% they would give me the $25 off my bill.

Tru3B1u3

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2023
Cheapest Unlimited I could find…

Visible - Verizon

$25/month

I primarily use Wi-Fi (90%) so I just need it to work when I do need it.

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
I’m in the Midwest. Have to drive to the “city” to get any 5G so I usually just leave it turned off on my phone. LTE works for us.

We’ve been with Verizon since the iPhone 7 came out. Great service on any of the routes we drive including a lot of random back roads when we visit family.

kenny1wk

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
We switched from T Mobil to Consumer Cellular a couple years ago. Great prices. Check them out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.