Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ken ledger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2016
UK
I recently reinstalled my OS on my Macbook, all went well but to 2 or 3 days later when i started my Macbook I am get a drop down at the top of the page asking me to change my Apple ID password. I did thin just recently of my own accord.
I have ignored it for a couple of days but it persists.

I done want to change it! Finding passwords that are memorable and mean something to me are hard without writing them dowan and that makes them useless!!

amaze1499

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2014
I recently reinstalled my OS on my Macbook, all went well but to 2 or 3 days later when i started my Macbook I am get a drop down at the top of the page asking me to change my Apple ID password. I did thin just recently of my own accord.
I have ignored it for a couple of days but it persists.

I done want to change it! Finding passwords that are memorable and mean something to me are hard without writing them dowan and that makes them useless!!

Changing passwords regularly these days, is in fact a smart decision. Keychain and built in iOS password manager make it easy after all. If you want to convince yourself, take your email and start with checking whether one of your accounts was compromised without you knowing. There are a few pages out there that can do that. For instance: https://haveibeenpwned.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.