Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FloridaMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Destin, Fl
...on my iphone when an event is added to a google shared calendar? "Calendar" is toggled "on" under my google account in Accounts and Passwords. And everything is toggled "on" under calendar in the notifications tab.

Basically the problem is when my wife, who I share the google calendar with, adds an event I don't get the alert like I would if it was a shared calendar in icloud. Is this something that iphone prevents when using google shared calendars?

Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Google calendar notifications for new or changed events in a shared calendar are set up at the Google calendar web site and the options are to get an email or SMS...at least in my case...and not a notification via the iOS Calendar app.

FloridaMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Destin, Fl
Google calendar notifications for new or changed events in a shared calendar are set up at the Google calendar web site and the options are to get an email or SMS...at least in my case...and not a notification via the iOS Calendar app.
That's what I thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.