Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dc2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
I need a new case for my iPhone 13 Pro Max. The one I got from Apple was such a sh! t that it disintegrated within 1+ yr. So I was trying to get a different one. I've been checking for over a month now and it's always sold out.

So what's the rub there? Did they get such a big head that they don't need any more of my money for their overpriced cases for those brittle phones, or what? Can someone explain if you have any idea.

PS. Also asking for an alternative case for an iPhone. Something that is not too bulky but also at the same time will protect the phone. Something that you've used and know that it works. Thanks!

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
So what's the rub there? Did they get such a big head that they don't need any more of my money for their overpriced cases for those brittle phones, or what? Can someone explain if you have any idea.
The rub here is that you're trying to buy a case for a 13PM.

The demand for genuine cases on two year old phones is not going to warrant them making them anymore so they'll be obsolete.

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
PS. Also asking for an alternative case for an iPhone. Something that is not too bulky but also at the same time will protect the phone. Something that you've used and know that it works. Thanks!

I use a Caudabe Sheath on my 12 Pro. It's relatively thin, but still protective. I'm a klutz and drop my phone regularly. So far, no damage to either my phone or the case itself. I like it so much that I bought an extra as a spare, since I know they are probably no longer actually making new cases for phones as old as mine.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
I need a new case for my iPhone 13 Pro Max. The one I got from Apple was such a sh! t that it disintegrated within 1+ yr. So I was trying to get a different one. I've been checking for over a month now and it's always sold out.

why are you so willing to give apple more money for a case when the first one "disintegrated" in a year and was "****", and also think the phone is "brittle"?

there are hundreds of good cases for the 13PM. https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/best-iphone-13-cases/

similar searches will provide more results.

Reactions: iFone88
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.