Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
what are the specs of your mac?
nm I just read ur sig.
Dashboard widgets can take up a lot of memory, especially if one is constantly updating with a website online or something. Also, 512 mb ram is borderline speed. It will get the job done, but it might not be very snappy

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
You need more ram. And, try not to use multiple widgets at once. Also, do not leave open any widget you don't need, because it consumes CPU power.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
HI
Sorry I did not finish this thread last night cause my internet conexion was lost

Anyway my widgets tend to be kind of slow specially when I turn on the computer, it takes several seconds or even minutes for them start working…
For example the itunes widgets is almost useless is faster if I just go to I tunes and change the music from there…

And yes My iBook is a standard one with 512mb RAM and I’m planning on adding 1Gb more.. Will that do it???

Thanks for the tip on closing unuse widgets, I actually only use 3 so I’ll close the rest..

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I feel as though mine have slowed down significantly since 10.4.3. They used to come up pretty much instantly but now it can take ages for the clocks to start ticking and the weather widgets hang a lot now.

Just have to wait and see what 10.4.4 will bring in a few weeks.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Chundles said:
I feel as though mine have slowed down significantly since 10.4.3. They used to come up pretty much instantly but now it can take ages for the clocks to start ticking and the weather widgets hang a lot now.

Just have to wait and see what 10.4.4 will bring in a few weeks.

Exactly my clock widgets are very slow.. sometimes I need to close them and then they'll start working again.. :( :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.