Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
Some people may not be able to afford it, or don't have a Mac capable of running it?!

To be fair, the question is why people are running Leopard on their dual-core Intel Macs. This naturally excludes all PPC Macs, and all the upgrades after Leopard are $29 so far. Thus not being able to afford it is unlikely as well.

If the question was why anyone at all is still running Leopard, this would be a valid response.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Some people don't feel the need to be on latest and greatest (or less tested :D) software constantly.

If leopard does what they want, and they don't feel like spending money on an upgrade, then why not keep using it? Leopard didn't suddenly stop running their applications when Snow Leopard was released.

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'll lose a 1200x1200dpi laser printer when I upgrade. I can share it through my G4 10.5.8 machine but I try to keep that off when I'm not using it.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
If leopard does what they want, and they don't feel like spending money on an upgrade, then why not keep using it?

Not to mention the cost of upgrading other software. I won't do it until Leopard can't do something I need to do, or until the computer dies and I need a new one.

blewvelvet

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
Here is a good reason...

How about having to buy thousands of dollars in new software because the *******s at Apple couldn't put out a Rosetta version to run with LION.

I have apps you can't find anywhere. No one has updated them. I use all these great tools and programs that do little things that the new iOS apps can't.

They are turning LION into a iOS device. Eventually..what are you supposed to program on? What graphic design programs can handle the intense demand that video, photography or sound editing requires?

Some apps and or versions in Rosetta are BETTER than the new ones. More customizable such as Office 2004. Which toolbars had more user customization ability. Now your toolbars are attached to each page. Why would I want my toolbars to move all over the screen? Just the way I work. I don't like to be forced to work in someone else's environment. Screw that. If I wanted that I would work in Windows.

Not to mention all the other technical LION issues. The bland interface with locking out system folders. If you are that stupid that you cannot learn about how your system works..you should be on an iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.