Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbineseaplane

macrumors Pentium
Mar 19, 2008
It is because someone holds a false believe(like an "out of date") and have a very narrow worldview in order to allow other concepts to help open it up.

Well said
My 2015 15" MBP, now on Monterey with an NVMe upgrade, is super snappy and flies through everything I need..

And I'm using Photos, iCloud, iMessage all perfectly

It may be "obsolete" according to Apple, but using it certainly negates that concept.

It worked fine on Sonoma also (w/ OCLP .. Apple macOS bugs not withstanding)
If Apple really wanted to, they could be supporting all these machines SO much longer than they do.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I walk the streets and see them in cafe's and the parks. I see so many people with MacBooks from 2012 that have the light in the back with a out of day OS yet they are using an iPhone 14 or newer. I just don't understand why they don't at least upgrade to a M1 MacBook Air for $800. If they can afford a new iPhone they can afford to update there out of date, insecure laptop.

Why upgrade if a product works for you ?

People were forced to upgrade phones when their carriers stopped supporting them.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I walk the streets and see them in cafe's and the parks. I see so many people with MacBooks from 2012 that have the light in the back with a out of day OS yet they are using an iPhone 14 or newer. I just don't understand why they don't at least upgrade to a M1 MacBook Air for $800. If they can afford a new iPhone they can afford to update there out of date, insecure laptop.
Simple: They don't care.

Elusi

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2023
If I had more of an office type job I’d probably feel completely fine still running my 2015 13’ MBP. I draw the line at the Airs from that time because of the TN panel.

It’s a darn shame that official support stopped at Monterey. In 6 months it will likely receive its last security patch and after that.. well things will probably be fine, but third party app support usually starts getting spotty at about the same point.

• Love
Reactions: turbineseaplane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.