Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mord

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 24, 2003
UK
the thread title says it all

all you 10.4 users know what i'm talking about and it's damn annoying

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
You should have that problem since you shouldn't be using 10.4. :p

I don't think there is a way around it, I think it is just the way this version of Safari is.

For example, I can't use Safari 2.0 to connect the https sites for some reason. It really cheeses me off.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
This is a new one. People bitching at webmasters to get their sites compliant with software that hasn't even been released yet. Come on guys, do you think all Arn has to do with his life is look for alpha and beta software to comply with? I'd say, start bitching if it isn't fixed within a couple of weeks *after* the software is released.

:rolleyes:
paul

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
paulwhannel said:
This is a new one. People bitching at webmasters to get their sites compliant with software that hasn't even been released yet. Come on guys, do you think all Arn has to do with his life is look for alpha and beta software to comply with? I'd say, start bitching if it isn't fixed within a couple of weeks *after* the software is released.

:rolleyes:
paul

I don't think we are 'bitching' at the webmasters to get their site compliant with Tiger, they are simply asking if there is an easy fix to the problem, like changing a preference or something.

But I agree, Arn shouldn't have to deal with re-writing his site to be compliant with Beta software.

Hector said:
why are the mac rumors tabs all bunched up and can they be fixed?

You can fix them by stop using 10.4. :rolleyes:

Mord

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 24, 2003
UK
musicpyrite said:
You can fix them by stop using 10.4. :rolleyes:

hell no 10.4 is completely stable on my ibook and i'm not going to throw that away, aside form a few ui bugs it's a great os, i'm not saying it will be the same for everyone (and it wont) but it's like that with me.

+rss is really cool

i can live with the tabs messed up it's just annoying

gorman

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2002
St. Louis, MO, USA
It's a bug in Safari, not Macrumors. The code they use for those tabs is entirely valid. Arn has known about this for quite a while, but there's not much he can do, since the code is already right. It's also been reported to Apple, so hopefully it'll be fixed sooner rather than later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.