Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PayamFr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Installed the public beta today and I am not able to receive notifications from almost every one of my apps such as Bleacher Report, MLB, AP News.

In my iPhone settings, all notifications are turned on for all my apps, but when I go inside a specific app’s notifications settings, it’s telling me to turn on notifications in my iPhone settings. I haven’t seen others with this problem. can someone help me out?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Have you restarted your device?

It may be possible the app push for that specific app may not be compatible with iOS 12. Contact the developer to give them a feedback. I experienced it very few app even notification is enabled for those apps that keep nagging to enable Notification but notification for that app still works.

Last edited:

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Is it just third-party apps? Or Apple’s stock apps along with third-party apps doing it? It could just be there isn’t app support yet.

PayamFr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Is it just third-party apps? Or Apple’s stock apps along with third-party apps doing it? It could just be there isn’t app support yet.

seems to be most of my 3rd party apps. don’t think i’m having a problem with the stock apps.

Apps like Bleacher Report are telling me to turn on notifications in my general settings, which is enabled.

I know this is a beta, but i recently saw a user on twitter post a video of group notifications and bleacher report was working for him. That’s why i’m wondering if there’s something i’m doing wrong.

Even the ESPN app is prompting me to turn on notifications in system settings.

I don’t know if it’s a rare case or not, but I read through the known issues of the beta from across different sites and forums, and didn’t see this issue come up. awful bug. Will probably downgrade for now.

Attachments

• 0D8F1D11-68FB-46B5-A4EA-36E645266EE1.png
    0D8F1D11-68FB-46B5-A4EA-36E645266EE1.png
    229.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
all my 3rd app notifications are working for me. I would as suggested restart the device, or even do a hard restart and see if that solves it

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
For the most part my notifications are working but there are a couple apps that are not, like Fox News and USA Today. There notifications came across in beta 1 but in beta 2 they have stopped. I still get ESPN alerts on beta 2 though. Probably will take an app update to fix.

PayamFr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
all my 3rd app notifications are working for me. I would as suggested restart the device, or even do a hard restart and see if that solves it

Did a hard reset multiple times and still no luck. My 3rd party apps behave as if notifications were turned off in my system settings, which isn’t the case. a few of them did work. very weird.

had to restore back to 11.4 for now.
[doublepost=1530026119][/doublepost]
For the most part my notifications are working but there are a couple apps that are not, like Fox News and USA Today. There notifications came across in beta 1 but in beta 2 they have stopped. I still get ESPN alerts on beta 2 though. Probably will take an app update to fix.

yeah i have no idea why ESPN wasn’t working for me. I opened the app and checked the alerts that I have on for different teams and they were all toggled off. When i toggled them on, it told me to turn on notifications in my system settings which were already on. Apps like AP News and bleacher report behaved the same way.

Oh well, just a weird bug. gonna hold off until beta 3 i guess.

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Did a hard reset multiple times and still no luck. My 3rd party apps behave as if notifications were turned off in my system settings, which isn’t the case. a few of them did work. very weird.

had to restore back to 11.4 for now.
[doublepost=1530026119][/doublepost]

yeah i have no idea why ESPN wasn’t working for me. I opened the app and checked the alerts that I have on for different teams and they were all toggled off. When i toggled them on, it told me to turn on notifications in my system settings which were already on. Apps like AP News and bleacher report behaved the same way.

Oh well, just a weird bug. gonna hold off until beta 3 i guess.
I hope you reported it as a bug before restoring, otherwise how will Apple know to look at it??

PayamFr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
I hope you reported it as a bug before restoring, otherwise how will Apple know to look at it??

Yep, i reported it. it’s a shame i had to restore though. Besides that, the beta was running so well on my X. really impressed with the stability and how snappy it felt for being a beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.