Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Szczelec33

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
lol comparing work inside a game or even maya or bender with artstudio and procreate on iPad or even illustrator. wow genius there you are.
[automerge]1587762204[/automerge]
lol why not just comapre gta 6 or its screenshots to any game since it looks way better. or hell compare gta 5 to any game or skyrim since they look better than any indy game made by less than 100 people.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
lol comparing work inside a game or even maya or bender with artstudio and procreate on iPad or even illustrator. wow genius there you are.
[automerge]1587762204[/automerge]
lol why not just comapre gta 6 or its screenshots to any game since it looks way better. or hell compare gta 5 to any game or skyrim since they look better than any indy game made by less than 100 people.

You brought up working at Moon Studios, Not me. That's the caliber of work they expect.

Folk here are really trying to help you. Please understand we're not your enemy.

And if you think we're giving you a hard time then you need to understand is nothing compared to the real world.

Szczelec33

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
non sequitor. First off, time don't compare games to flat 2d art maybe compare an intro screen or a title screen.
[automerge]1587762656[/automerge]
Comparing either an in game shot or a video to 2d art using photoshop or illustrator?

Last edited by a moderator:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I said an indy game co pany an indy or small time company many of which work with pople worldwide on remote teams. look up the about us section on moon studios or the ones ho made the ori games. thats da life right there.

So, what sort of work do you think you could do for Moon Studios? Where do you think you'd add value?

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
So, what sort of work do you think you could do for Moon Studios? Where do you think you'd add value?
I'm interested in knowing this, too. While you definitely do some interesting work, I don't see you as the type who would like working there, even if you do get to work from home. If you did, you'd have a boss telling you what to do. Plus, I don't see you having the skills (technical like 3D modeling, nor interpersonal) to really do well in that kind of position. The lack of technical skills would be far easier to fix than your interpersonal skills, I'd hate to say.

That being said, I think you'd do better and be happier if you were more of an independent artist who displays your art at various galleries, art fairs, etc. Who knows?

Also, I apologize for being overly harsh. However, I do try to at least balance that out with constructive criticism. I may not absolutely fawn over all your works, and won't pretend to as that would be a waste of both our times. Yet, I would like to see you improve. Of course, you're more than welcome to ignore my advice. Just realize that you may get less than adoring responses when you ask what people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.