Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Hey guys. I just got Apple Music yesterday. I have all of my music files on my Mac Mini but I enabled the feature to add all my music from it to my Library in iCloud.

On my iPhone, iPad, and Macbook Air, I can see all the songs, but the majority of them are greyed out as seen in the attached screenshot.

Why can't I play any of these songs? I found out that the symbol next to each grey song means "waiting", but it doesn't seem like any of the songs that are in the "waiting" status have become available since yesterday.

Is there anything I can do to make my music available on all devices?

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2017-07-13 kl. 15.24.55.png
    Skærmbillede 2017-07-13 kl. 15.24.55.png
    202 KB · Views: 228

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
It's pretty terrible. I waited forever to get Apple Music cause I wanted all the biggest bugs sorted out. And then this happens

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Anyone know how I can solve this thing? I wish I could access all my music

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Choose File>Library>Update iCloud Music Library from the iTunes menu. Seems that those songs are waiting to be matched or uploaded.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
I major brainfarted. I thought I had the newest iTunes cause I didn't get any updates in the App Store. But then I remembered that on this computer, I was still running last year's MacOS (or OSX I guess it was called back then), so I updated and then it KINDA started working.

After the update, I had to do AeroZ's suggestion above 2-3 times as it gradually added more and more songs - and the last time I did it, it finally added all of my songs.

Thanks a lot for the reply dude.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.