Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lunarmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2003
Hello.

I don't understand why Apple doesn't allow mobileme webmail access on the iPhone.

My wife and I both have mobileme accounts.

For her to check her email on my iPhone I would have to setup a mail account on the iphone for that account and then delete after she's done.

Thats is just doucherie.

Seriously thinking about just going with gmail.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Hello.

I don't understand why Apple doesn't allow mobileme webmail access on the iPhone.

My wife and I both have mobileme accounts.

For her to check her email on my iPhone I would have to setup a mail account on the iphone for that account and then delete after she's done.

Thats is just doucherie.

Seriously thinking about just going with gmail.

Yeah, mobile me pretty much sucks like that. Apple really oughta either put some effort into it, or give up.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Because you use the Mail app on your iPhone to access it.

Then set up each account on each iPhone.

That's noT really an acceptable solution. Especially given that apple claims the iPhone can be used to browse "the whole web." it's own sites should a least be compatible, particularly when it tries to sell a service for use with iPhones, most aspects of which are provided for free, and with better quality, by competitors.

Penguissimo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2009
Michigan
If you use iCab instead of Safari, you can access all the features of me.com the same way you would on your computer. You'll get an "unsupported browser" warning, but you can bypass it (and you have a "don't warn me again" option) and everything seems to work just fine.

It costs $2, but it's well worth it in my opinion :)

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Because you use the Mail app on your iPhone to access it.

If a friend wants to borrow my iPhone to check his email, he shouldn't have to go through all that.

Plus, I don't think you can use Find my iPhone from an iPhone either, which makes no sense. If I lose my iPhone, I can't use someone else's iPhone to find it's location. I have to go find the nearest computer which can waste valuable time if the phone is lost or stolen.

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
If a friend wants to borrow my iPhone to check his email, he shouldn't have to go through all that.

Why doesn't he use his own iPhone then. ;-)

I guess Apple figures why have Find My iPhone on the iPhone if you need an iPhone to use it in the first place....kind of a moot feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.