Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I think I've answered this in one form or another a couple of times, but to summarize:

Back in 1994 I "needed" a computer. My girlfriend had just started working for an advertising company that had Macs, and since I never really cared for Windows based PC, I did a little reaserch and found that a Performa 630CD was the perfect computer for me. The best multimedia computer in late 1994 that was even remotly affordable.

Then Mac OS just grew on me, and by the time I went to college and studied engineering (computer science) and started to feel the restraints in Mac OS 9 and I was ready to change, so was Mac OS. I loaded OS X 10.1.x on my Pismo, dual booted with OS 9 for a while (had VPC in OS 9 which I used for some classes). Then from about 10.2 I was ready to get rid of the OS 9 partition, all together.

All the malware on the Windows platform never really played a role in my decisions, but it has just confirmed that I made the right choice... ;)

Quantum Man

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2006
New York
Was a PC Windoze user ever since I started using computers until I made the big switch about 1 1/2 months ago. I was getting serious about building a home project studio for audio recording/mixing. I tried out Pro Tools on my decent PC, and it ran like a slug. I could barely record and barely mix on it. Plus there was spyware galore, viruses, crashes, etc. Got my iMac G5, I can now TRULY multi-task worry free, be virus/spyware free, and best of all Pro Tools runs like it was designed to, no latency and no sign of slowing down no matter what I throw at it. Plus I'm able to use another monitor for double the screen real estate. OSX is awesome and I wish I had made the switch earlier than I did, but better late than never. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.