Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
It's been this way for years, and I'm getting so tired of it again.

The stock calendar app on iOS SUCKS! Who thought a month view that only has single dots on days with events was a good idea? It should at least work like the MacOS calendar app which properly displays the month view with all your events spelled out.

I end up having to have Google Calendar installed on my phone JUST to be able to look at my calendar properly. Does anyone else HATE the stock iOS calendar app? I really don't get why Apple won't fix this.

Reactions: jagfan

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
I guess not many people want to use a month calendar on a tiny phone?

* the iPad calendar app has support for month view
* there are hundreds of iOS calendar apps that has support for month view if you're a power user and want that. I currently use Calendar 366 for it.

jagfan

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
JAX, FL area
I’ve been using Calengoo for many years on a small phone. I predominantly use the “month
view” and this app works best for me.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Dots have been the least of my concerns. The stock Calendar app has been a poor imitation of Mac's and 3rd party apps since day one.

STILL can't add more than two alerts to an event. Took until iOS 7(?) to get setting a timezone on an event, custom repeats (eg. "on the 2nd Thursday of the month"). And they took Reminders out of Calendar, so no unified view like one used to get, but get location based Reminders... yay? (find that pretty useless).

So, yeah, Google. But in my case, Fantastical until they forced subscriptions on everyone, so Calendar 366 these days on iOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: max2

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Fantastical until they forced subscriptions on everyone, so Calendar 366 these days on iOS.
I'm not too happy with the native calendar app, either, so trying out Calendar 366 Lite now. Thanks for the tip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.