Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omnivore

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
Why do I have two My Card in Contacts on my Mac? One is synced with my iPhone/iCloud and the other one is not (Mac only).

I don't want two My Card on my Mac. I want to use the one on my iPhone/iCloud but I don't seem to be able to emerge them. What am I doing wrong? No others contacts is duplicated, only my own card.

Last edited:

Omnivore

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/oksa7f
Same problem as me. iCloud is already set under Contacts > Preferences > General > Default Account.

I don't dare to delete My Card that's only on my Mac since it's the account showing up when I sign in to my Mac. I could hide it though but is it the right way to do this?

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I have the same situation now since activating an older iCloud account weeks ago.
on the iPhone I have an option to combine the 2, which is will look into soon.
my minor "snafu" is when I airdrop a photo from the phone, the older non-main iCloud user name appears on the MacBook Air instead of my main include account.

I guess I can live with that but was lookin there yesterday for a situation to remedy this.

and the duplicate card thing gathers iCloud info from other devices sometimes,
I had 5 in my name last month!

Omnivore

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
I have the same situation now since activating an older iCloud account weeks ago.
on the iPhone I have an option to combine the 2, which is will look into soon.
my minor "snafu" is when I airdrop a photo from the phone, the older non-main iCloud user name appears on the MacBook Air instead of my main include account.

I guess I can live with that but was lookin there yesterday for a situation to remedy this.

and the duplicate card thing gathers iCloud info from other devices sometimes,
I had 5 in my name last month!
5 in your name last month? How annoying.

I only have one iCloud account (Apple-ID) so that can't be my problem.

Reactions: MBAir2010

Omnivore

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
Hm... Not sure how to hide my contacts on my Mac (only consisting of my second My Card). I could ignore it but I would at least like to hide it so I don't get confused and edit the wrong one. My Card on my Mac has nothing in it but My Card on iCloud has all my information. So they are not synced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.