Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
I have multiple iPads, a Mac desktop, MacBook Pro and an iPhone and I seem to be getting multiple messages per week telling me I need to re-enter my Apple ID password.

This problem is further exacerbated by the fact that for some reason the iOS “re-enter your password“ window doesn’t allow me to use LastPass to paste in my Apple password so I have to dismiss the notification, open LastPass, search for my Apple account, copy the password, and then go into settings, and then go into iCloud, and then hope that the notification to re-enter my password pops up again. All of this, multiple times a week, across multiple iDevices. It’s super time consuming and annoying.

The last piece of the puzzle is that sometimes when I re-enter my Apple password it then tells me that my account has been locked (?!!) And then I have to go through the whole process of answering security questions in order to fix something that I for the life of me don’t know why is repeatedly happening.

Anybody know how to stop this annoying Apple nagging??

Attachments

• 242E22E0-3393-43EE-83AD-B51ECB3C8F2C.jpeg
    242E22E0-3393-43EE-83AD-B51ECB3C8F2C.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 137

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have multiple iPads, a Mac desktop, MacBook Pro and an iPhone and I seem to be getting multiple messages per week telling me I need to re-enter my Apple ID password.

This problem is further exacerbated by the fact that for some reason the iOS “re-enter your password“ window doesn’t allow me to use LastPass to paste in my Apple password so I have to dismiss the notification, open LastPass, search for my Apple account, copy the password, and then go into settings, and then go into iCloud, and then hope that the notification to re-enter my password pops up again. All of this, multiple times a week, across multiple iDevices. It’s super time consuming and annoying.

The last piece of the puzzle is that sometimes when I re-enter my Apple password it then tells me that my account has been locked (?!!) And then I have to go through the whole process of answering security questions in order to fix something that I for the life of me don’t know why is repeatedly happening.

Anybody know how to stop this annoying Apple nagging??
I've encountered that a few times recently as well. There's also another recent discussion about this sort of thing:

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
Thanks for that; looks like being one of the army of people not yet to have succumbed to Apple's repeated pleas to enable MFA/2FA might be the reason I'm being nagged into it by all these messages. Like OP in that post, I don't want to enable multi-factor authentication, though in my case it's not so much about my concerns re. SMS security (or lack thereof) but more that, as far as I can recall, it makes some things (like generating per-app passwords for app development) impossible.....? But maybe my knowledge of that stuff is outdated....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.