Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deedeekay

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
I swear that everything Apple makes that is meant to be handled, is slippery. Airpod case? FLOOOP! On the floor. iPhones? Without a case, they may as well be air they're so hard to hold. Why? It really seems incredibly counterproductive and illogical.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Material choice for premium look and feel, ie glass and polished metals. These things look and feel premium, justifying Apple's premium pricing. People also like those look and feel, with majority of Android OEMs copying what Apple is doing in terms of design and material choice.

I miss the days of heavily textured surfaces, like the rubbery plastic of the original Moto X/G phones, or the highly textured design used on the 64GB OnePlus One. Those were a delight to hold and provided excellent grip. But the general consumers have spoken, and they prefer shiny smooth look and feel.

Houses in SE Asia, most of us have marble/marble like tiles for our floors, which are smooth, shiny and slippery. One would think it's a hazard, especially with the elderlies, but nope, people prefer those shiny look, even if it can cost them their lives. 😂

Jack_SB

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2020
I swear that everything Apple makes that is meant to be handled, is slippery. Airpod case? FLOOOP! On the floor. iPhones? Without a case, they may as well be air they're so hard to hold. Why? It really seems incredibly counterproductive and illogical.

I totally agree for the AirPods, but I can’t say the same for the pro iPhones. I use my phones without cases and every pro iPhone has a great grip compared to other devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.