Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
Why does DuckDuckGo not show quora but seems to show Reddit? What happen that DuckDuckGo will not show quora articles no matter if you type in the question and quora.

Also what happen to quora it seems quora is dying today where in past quora was very active. Anyone here noticed quota is dying?

Admafia210

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2023
IMG_2345.png
IMG_2346.png
It does show quora

bnx

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Seems like the only way to get quora results that I found is if you put quora in quotation marks as you search.

When I put how big was rome "quora" in duck duck go, I get quora results. Tested on Safari & Firefox on a Mac if that helps.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Here is quora
how big was rome quora

As you see it showing reddit not quora
This does show Quora as the top hit for me, but it doesn't show the snippet of content from the page, instead showing "We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us."

Admafia210

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2023
try Brave instead of DuckDuckGo but I haven’t had an issue with that site using that browser

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
This does show Quora as the top hit for me, but it doesn't show the snippet of content from the page, instead showing "We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us."
If I type in how big was rome “quora“
Like here https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+big+was+rome+"quora"&ia=web

It does show lot more Quora links but the words how big was rome or how big is Rome is not showing up in many of links or links of topics about Rome.

It basically showing links about Rome not how big was Rome.

Why do some say Brave is better than DuckDuckGo?

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
That is strange because Google seems to show it but not DuckDuckGo.

Is DuckDuckGo and Bing not showing many QA sites and message boards for some reason?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.