Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
As general query, why would Ethernet connection be required to allow Data to pass from Dimplex Hub to iphone 14 app.
The Hub does allow iphone App to control heating settings+schedules.
Yet Daily Usage only updates once I add Ethernet connection (whilst retaining Wifi connection pref)

thanks

tragicwinding

Suspended
May 23, 2023
It seems like your Dimplex Hub might be needing the Ethernet connection to transfer larger amounts of data, like your daily usage statistics, more reliably. Wi-Fi connections can sometimes be less stable, which could affect the transfer of data.

However, the specifics can vary based on the design of the device and software. It's hard to give a definitive answer without more information on how the Dimplex Hub operates. It might be worth reaching out to Dimplex directly or consulting the user manual for more detailed information.

• Wow
Reactions: Donfor39

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
It seems like your Dimplex Hub might be needing the Ethernet connection to transfer larger amounts of data, like your daily usage statistics, more reliably. Wi-Fi connections can sometimes be less stable, which could affect the transfer of data.

However, the specifics can vary based on the design of the device and software. It's hard to give a definitive answer without more information on how the Dimplex Hub operates. It might be worth reaching out to Dimplex directly or consulting the user manual for more detailed information.
thanks Dimplex case had been raised, only asked via mac forums incase I was missing something obvious.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Ethernet connection has restored Dimplex Data, this is required as my fiber Hub and wifi extender auto switches from 2.4ghz to 5 ghz.
Seems Dimplex are stuck in 2.4ghz lane only.

thanks appreciated

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
download.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.