Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Upgraded to iOS 9.3 when it was released and while out for a run in the country, I noticed that my music wasn't playing, it was only then that I realised that all my downloaded music in my running playlist had been wiped?

I've tried to download it all again using the "cloud and arrow" icon in my playlist however it keeps stalling around halfway!

This is very frustrating. Any ideas why it does this and how I can get everything downloaded again without it stalling?

Cheers
Stewart

SnowDX

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
The Great White North
I'm no help other than commiseration. My turns off iCloud music library after every update (thus all downloads gone) and also turns that setting off randomly other times as well. Same thing happens to my husband.

Oh and when I turn iCloud music library back on and merge the music on my phone or replace it (the only 2 options given to me), all the music on my phone that was music I owned via purchase or CD, is pulled off of my phone. Was great that it happened right before a 12 hour road trip. I currently on the hotel's wifi waiting for 980 songs to download; and that's maybe 1/3 of what I had on my phone.

Last edited:

Nyk0n

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2008
you didnt have enough room for the download, extraction and install? takes the download size of the update and times that by at least 2 and see if thats your free space, if its less then apple will delete music and certain of the least used apps to free space. it installs and then when back on wifi and power will re-add what it deleted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.