Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZestyOne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
Paradise
This is the stupidest **** ever. I literally will go to share a video and my lat/long is included. I have tried choosing "options" when sharing a video, turning it off, and it doesn't remember my settings. It literally just puts them back.

If I go into location settings I don't see how I can turn it off just for that. I dont want to turn off all location services because I actually use that (seeing on the map where my photos are). Why wont it just save my settings?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
If Apple bundles the latitude and longitude information together when coding “location” for photos, they naturally don’t want to provide an option to disable that. Besides, GPS finds your location using exactly latitude and longitude.

That’s just my guess, don’t quote me on this. :eek:

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Location for camera is off on my phone. I don’t see any location data in any of the videos I’ve taken.

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
This is the stupidest **** ever. I literally will go to share a video and my lat/long is included. I have tried choosing "options" when sharing a video, turning it off, and it doesn't remember my settings. It literally just puts them back.

If I go into location settings I don't see how I can turn it off just for that. I dont want to turn off all location services because I actually use that (seeing on the map where my photos are). Why wont it just save my settings?
In privacy/location/camera/never

Attachments

• F892EAAB-DDA1-4EB2-89E5-976F269D0F33.png
    F892EAAB-DDA1-4EB2-89E5-976F269D0F33.png
    208 KB · Views: 56
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.