Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
iTunes just bricked my 13 pro, stuck on restore and verify for 20 minutes now.

honestly itunes is so bad and apple doesn't care about it they need to dump it.

also pointless to and incremental update over the air and full erase with iTunes.

honestly apple is very overrated phone is pretty basic with caveman software.

how do i fix this iphone? will this update or do i have to full erase and restore?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I've never had a problem updating using iTunes/Finder. The rare occasion that something has gone amiss it has happened using OTA updating. Again I said the rare occasion...

OP, I believe the a newer version of iOS 17.4.1 was released (version 237) that's only available to download and update using iTunes/Finder. I think I read that it was for issues the 13 series was having updating to the original release of 17.4.1 (version 236). You might want to give that a try. It's available here:

Reactions: cuzo

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I've never had a problem updating using iTunes/Finder. The rare occasion that something has gone amiss it has happened using OTA updating. Again I said the rare occasion...

OP, I believe the a newer version of iOS 17.4.1 was released (version 237) that's only available to download and update using iTunes/Finder. I think I read that it was for issues the 13 series was having updating to the original release of 17.4.1 (version 236). You might want to give that a try. It's available here:
thanks I got it working

Reactions: BugeyeSTI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.