Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello Apple friends.

This is on a Late 2015 5K iMac: I dual boot to Windows for diagnostics and to rest with games as leisure on sundays (after mass and charity work). I have a mechanical keyboard for Windows (Boot Camp) gaming (has numpad for games like GTA 5 and RPGs- the next upgrade would be a good separate mechanical numpad or those full size with the arrow keys and numpad for leftties- those clusters are on the left) and I use a corded gaming mouse (the Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard 2 are not connected w/ Bluetooth).

The secondary reason I use a semi-dedicated mechanical keyboard (the Magic Keyboard could have been the best keyboard, coz' it has a perfectly flat and wider keycaps which are just 1.33mm which would have made it the best performing mechanical keyboard) and corded gaming mouse is because whenever I use the Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard using Bluetooth on Windows Boot Camp, it would not work once I boot to macOS (what causes this), I have to use the mechanical keyboard (using its other wireless connection that uses a dongle or plug in its cord) and corded mouse (Bluetooth is the most convenient, no dongles to lose or cord to get in the way but it's also the least reliable) then usually have to make the macOS forget the Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard then connect it again on macOS' Bluetooth- as if on Windows, Windows hijacked and "imprisoned or held" macOS's Bluetooth there- why's does Bluetooth behave like that?

I use a semi-dedicated mechanical keyboard (connected w/ Bluetooth usually) and gaming mouse for Windows but just awhile ago I experimented with the Magic Keyboard (tethered) on Windows Boot Camp which works (keyboard has to be ON) but when I rebooted back to the more amazing macOS (always a relief when I get back to macOS from harder, harder to fix when corrupted Windows), even with a tethered Magic Keyboard 2, it doesn't work when I'm on macOS' login (the Magic Mouse does work); only after logging in using the mechanical keyboard did the tethered Magic Keyboard start working (and its Bluetooth connection). Why is this so and what could be a good solution for Windows & macOS getting confused which USB or Bluetooth they need to be working?

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.