Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appletise

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
happens everytime when l 'find and replace' when trying to find information by looking up a word. this might be expected in my old iphone 6s, which use to crash many apps when open it, but my new phone 14 has no other apps open, so what could be going on and to resolve?
thanks

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I believe it's not your iPhone or iOS but an issue with the app. The problem has been around for a while and I think it's worse on larger documents…the method of find is choking. It starts searching when you type the first letter.

Try this test…do a search for the letter "a"…does it crash? Now try the letter "q".

People are getting around the issue by either pasting in the whole word they're searching for, or, if the word to be searched is something like "about" they type "qabout" and then delete the "q".

Reactions: Appletise

Appletise

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Brian, its g8 ppl like u who make this forum so helpful, it works when either prefix with q or copy paste. thanks 👍👍

Reactions: BrianBaughn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.