Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katyoshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Why does my iphone show double of each contact and not in my address book in my MBP and Mac mini and Mobileme? I see one of each contact in those devices and mobileme but my iphone constantly shows the duplicate name of the contact and one of the contacts have the full contact information and the other contact name has nothing but "share contact". whats going on? I'm getting frustrated trying to fix this.

Also another question, why did my keychains get screwed up along with my bookmarks? I've been using my brand new mac mini a lot and syncing my iphone to it. I've also turned on my MBP around my house using the same network. Then when I connected my iphone to my MBP, all my settings in my iphone changed and everytime I try to connect simultaneously (not all the time) from my MBP to Mac Mini and vice versa, it keeps saying it will modify/add/delete contacts? I thought mobileme was suppose to keep everything in sync?

katyoshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Ok just fixed it. I unchecked the sync calendar and contacts as it says they will sync over the air with mobileme. What a fool I am! :D

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
Thanks! I was looking for a fix for this also. Your solution did it. Not sure also how I never noticed the selection in iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.