Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adam1988

macrumors regular
Original poster
9122B66A-40DD-43A7-A44A-D5138F68CF78.png
Hello everyone!!!,

Can someone help me verify the issue?
I got a MacBook pro from 2015 or 14 amd it was working completely fine but then it stopped working suddenly. All i know is that I troubleshooted everything 10 seconds leaving the power button pressed but the sleepying light turned on like a status and suddenly it would shut down automatically.

I really don’t know what seems to be the problem the keyboard wont turn on and neither the caps lock button.

The display keeps being completely out of light, like if its turned off and it wont light up at all.

I hear the fan and also the hdd start but then it stops being on and shuts down itself. That little light is the only one that turns on and turns off I don’t know what else to do i made research but i came up with no answers ‍♂️

Has anyone had this issue before?
I really don’t know if its the display or the motherboard or the ram but whatever it is i wanna fix it because its the only MacBook Pro i have

Please! And thank you!

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yes, it can be a television too. If there is no image on the TV, it could be a problem with the connecting cable.

Was the light really bright? It needs to be bright and, if you are shining the light on the screen, it's best to have the light at a sharp angle and close to the screen. If you still don't see anything, this tells me the screen is not receiving a video signal and it may be that the display panel is defective, the LVDS cable is defective, or something on the logic board is defective.

The Macbook makes no sounds at all?

Try this: disconnect the battery, connect the charger and see if the Macbook starts on its own without touching anything.

Reactions: Adam1988

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
Have you tried booting from an external drive to see if it's a drive issue?

If it was the screen you should still hear the chime on startup, keys light up, etc. Mine died and it was a bad cable to the screen.

If there is an Apple store nearby they can run a diagnostic.

Reactions: Adam1988

Adam1988

macrumors regular
Original poster
Yes, it can be a television too. If there is no image on the TV, it could be a problem with the connecting cable.

Was the light really bright? It needs to be bright and, if you are shining the light on the screen, it's best to have the light at a sharp angle and close to the screen. If you still don't see anything, this tells me the screen is not receiving a video signal and it may be that the display panel is defective, the LVDS cable is defective, or something on the logic board is defective.

The Macbook makes no sounds at all?

Try this: disconnect the battery, connect the charger and see if the Macbook starts on its own without touching anything.

Hi there mister (AUDIT 13) Sorry i could not reply to your messages since i was super busy or maybe the whole USA OR NORTH AMERICA Due to the instance of Holidays and Work. Anyways
  • I TRIED EVERYTHING YOU TOLD ME... AND NOTHING WORKED..
  • TRIED THE TV CABLE NO CHIME NO SOUND
  • TRIED TO TURN ON THE MACHINE WITHOUT THE BATTERY AND IT DIDN'T WORK EITHER.
  • TRIED WITH DIFFERENT RAM AND HARD DRIVES AND IT DIDN'T WORK.

WHAT IM THINKING IS THE MOTHERBOARD...
IF ITS WRONG PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE AN ANSWER..

THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!
[doublepost=1547617156][/doublepost]
Have you tried booting from an external drive to see if it's a drive issue?

If it was the screen you should still hear the chime on startup, keys light up, etc. Mine died and it was a bad cable to the screen.

If there is an Apple store nearby they can run a diagnostic.

YES.. I TRIED EVERY SINGLE THING AND NOTHING WORK... ALL THAT THERE IS ... THE MOTHERBOARD OR NEW RAM..
IM STILL THINKING IS THE MOTHERBOARD CAUSE I STARTED THE MBP WITH DIFFERENT RAM COMPATIBLE AND IT STILL DIDNT WORK...

Thank you jlc1978 maybe i need a new MBP..
*SIGHS*

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Try disconnecting everything from the motherboard (keyboard, trackpad, drives) and try to boot. If you get nothing, it maye be time to have a Mac repair person test the motherboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.