Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
the worst thing about bad choices and outputs of mbp 16 is the battery life concern causes them. To promote the battery life on WWDC show, users suffer these kind of quality drops or choices. if i use a Pro labeled device, i have right to modify its performance settings, i should have right to change refresh rate to 120hz or improve pixel response time settings according to my needs. If this drops battery life, it is only my problem. I got really bored single mode performance profile based on battery life concern.

Just think about the display of mbp 16...If you buy so expensive PRO labeled product, its display should not smear or jitter during scroll. max resolution and colour accuracy is important but this is not a printer. We are talking about a MONITOR which has to be view dynamic/changing frames.

We live in 2020 and Apple still has no computer over 60 hz display...... the pixel response time gots worse each mbp serie by the way

I wish Apple produces lower battery life mbps but with good quality configurable displays in the future...

Last edited:

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Like I said in the other thread, for someone who has such a negative view of the 16", and justified not returning the device due to screen issues because "you were too busy concentrating on the other issues (coil whine, speaker popping)", I seriously don't understand why you kept it. It's like complaining that poking yourself in the eye with a pencil hurts, but you carry on doing it.

Nothing personal but with such an expensive device, you didn't have to keep it.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Like I said in the other thread, for someone who has such a negative view of the 16", and justified not returning the device due to screen issues because "you were too busy concentrating on the other issues (coil whine, speaker popping)", I seriously don't understand why you kept it. It's like complaining that poking yourself in the eye with a pencil hurts, but you carry on doing it.

Nothing personal but with such an expensive device, you didn't have to keep it.

myquestion is about a defective policy, your answer is another subject

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.