Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tzohar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2015
When your day is clear and you have no events coming up, the calendar widget shows today’s date above the text saying your calendar is clear… which is such a weird design choice because the Lock Screen literally has today’s date written in large bold letters at the top of the screen AT ALL TIMES. So with this design you often have today’s date showing twice on the same screen. Does anyone know if there’s any way to either turn that off or edit the widget so that this doesn’t happen?

I know it’s a dumb thing to be annoyed about but I just find it so redundant hahaha

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
You can set the top Date widget to Next Event. It then shows you the date and calendar events without the need to have an additional widget for events.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
But there is no date written on the home screen. So it's not only a dumb thing to be annoyed about that, it's also false. 🤷‍♂️

tzohar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2015
0902DB63-8182-46F3-9A02-3222BD4EA5F6.png
This is what I mean though. I just think it looks redundant is all! Also I know you can put your next event up over the clock, but I just don’t like the way that looks 😆

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
I see what you mean. But until recently I didn't see what you see, because the widget didn't show the date for me. Now it does and I look like a fool! 🫤

mpavilion

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2014
SFV, CA, USA
I agree it’s kind of weird, but mine only says “Your day is clear” for an hour so (after the day’s events are over), and then it starts telling me about tomorrow morning’s event.

tzohar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2015
I see what you mean. But until recently I didn't see what you see, because the widget didn't show the date for me. Now it does and I look like a fool! 🫤
Yeah it’s weird, sometimes it just says “Calendar: no events” without the date but I have no idea why, and then it inevitably goes back to showing the date?? It’s all very silly and unimportant but it still annoys me hahaha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.