Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
Is it because that might be the date when they bring out the new updates we've been waiting for so long??

Or am i just puting 2 + 2 together and getting 'Dual Core'? :)

revisionA

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2005
Maybe they are outsourcing the refurbs after that date.

Didnt think of that one did you?

If they contract out the repairs, why not let the contractor sell them in bulk to someone like macmall who could move them just fine.

Then, apple.com would only be new shiny white merchandise and backordered black versions as they are released and snatched up.

Leave no Nano left behind! Especially a black one!

$

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It seems that we will have to wait for the official word from Apple. I hope that it isn't closed for good though.

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
hmmmm.

would be nice to think that they might introduce a load of new stuff on that monday!

don't know what the actual truth is tho.. can't think of any real reason why they would need to 'close' a part of their website..

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
JasonGough said:
Is it because that might be the date when they bring out the new updates we've been waiting for so long??

Or am i just puting 2 + 2 together and getting 'Dual Core'? :)

As far as I know it's not closing on the 3rd. It's just not going to open every day after the 3rd. It'll go back to just opening once a week... on a Wednesday... from 10am. :)

I'm curious as to why they're suddenly getting rid of SO much though.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
wordmunger said:
Where *is* the U.S. refurb store, anyway? Didn't there used to be a link on the front page of the Apple store?
It's still there - on the bottom right by the SAVE sign...

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
lexfuzo said:
1) The ongoing offer (open every day, a lot of stock) can be seen as a hidden price cut.
2) Clearing out stock may be a sign of updates coming... :rolleyes:

So some of this could be new stock that's just repacked for a low price? Possible I suppose.

Although I wonder where they've dug up the 3rd gen iPods from. Think they've found a stock room that they thought they'd lost? :eek: ;)

lexfuzo

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2005
The heart of Europe
nomad01 said:
So some of this could be new stock that's just repacked for a low price? Possible I suppose.
Although I wonder where they've dug up the 3rd gen iPods from. Think they've found a stock room that they thought they'd lost? :eek: ;)

I'm sure there is some iPod cemetery where the undead 3rd-gens wait to be sold as refurbished... *BUUUAAHHH* :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.