Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
So....eBay and Safari don't get along, and it really really bothers me. Searches don't work, half the links don't work. By don't work I mean, the address bar updates to the right link, but the page is blank, and no amount of refresh allows me to see it. Any ideas?!?

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
ebay works for me fine...

what version of Safari are you using and OS, could be helpful when trying to solve problems, if we knew what you were using.

Other than just OS X and Safari :p

and looking at your sig, you could be using 10.2 and the original Safari for all we know O_O

acceber

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Also keep in mind that eBay does frequently have problems where pages won't load and stuff. My friend gets the ***** about it all the time and takes it out on me. :confused:

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
I had the problem with my iBook 600 G3, where ebay would just crash Safari. But on my PB G4, it doesn't bother Safari at all. So it has always had me stumped.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Hi, sorry about the specs, I am running 10.4.3 all updated, including the new Security Update, so whatever the most recent version of Safari is...

Safari doesn't crash, it just won't display anything. The address line gets updated to the right URL needed to view the page, but it displays white, blank, nothing.

yenko

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2005
SouthWest-USA
wheezy said:
Hi, sorry about the specs, I am running 10.4.3 all updated, including the new Security Update, so whatever the most recent version of Safari is...

Safari doesn't crash, it just won't display anything. The address line gets updated to the right URL needed to view the page, but it displays white, blank, nothing.
Try "Reset Safari..." then go to eBay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.