Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
I would probably use it a lot more if I could just quickly type "Dinner with Joe tomorrow at 7pm".

Is it because they want us to use Siri for it? Because I don't really want to talk to my phone all the time, especially when I am booking appointments with the person in front of me.

Last edited:

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Good idea. I find Siri most useful for things like calendar and reminders which are a bit fiddly to set up, and saying it is easier. That natural language input should extend to text too.
[doublepost=1466070059][/doublepost]Just a thought, but I think 3rd party calendars can access your calendar, and it's possible a third party app has natural language input. Worth checking out. You wouldn't need to use the third party app regularly, only for input

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I would probably use it a lot more if I could just quickly type "Dinner with Joe tomorrow at 7pm".

Is it because they want us to use Siri for it? Because I don't really want to talk to my phone all the time, especially when I am booking appointments with the person in front of me.

I wish it did. I totally agree. That is also with e-mail search the case.
Some great third party apps which can do this are:

- Moleskine Timepage - calendar appointments (I'm using WeekCalendar though because it's much easier to operate (but lacks the feature you want)
- Spark for smart e-mail search

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.