Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshellis625

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Georgia
When I receive a call it doesn't look like this. It just shows the name at the top centered, with a big picture of the person in the middle... it doesn't have the little small picture in the corner or anything like that. Why is that?

Attachments

• iphone.JPG
    iphone.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 2,033

carfac

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
you have to add the pictures on your computers address book, and then sync them over.

I think you are missing what his point is. He is NOT asking how to get a picture in there when someone calls. He has done that. But when someone calls who you have a picture of, it does NOT look at all like that early prototype. Instead of a small picture of who is calling in the upper right, and your wallpaper taking up most of the space (as in the picture), what REALLY happens is that the whole picture is the image of the person and NO wall paper. Is that right?

I do not have an answer to that.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
When I receive a call it doesn't look like this. It just shows the name at the top centered, with a big picture of the person in the middle... it doesn't have the little small picture in the corner or anything like that. Why is that?

When you select a picture for when someone calls you from the iPhone's photos on the iPhone then you get what yours currently looks like. If you select the persons photo on your computer in the address book, then sync your phone, you'll get the little picture in the corner and your wallpaper as the majority of the screen.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
I think you are missing what his point is. He is NOT asking how to get a picture in there when someone calls. He has done that. But when someone calls who you have a picture of, it does NOT look at all like that early prototype. Instead of a small picture of who is calling in the upper right, and your wallpaper taking up most of the space (as in the picture), what REALLY happens is that the whole picture is the image of the person and NO wall paper. Is that right?

I know exactly what the point of the question was.. And I answered it.. Correctly...

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England

drumjim85 absolutely understood the question. how a photo is added to a contact (on the iphone itself or synced through address book) completely determines how a caller ID photo is displayed when a call is received. maybe you shouldn't respond if you don't know the answer to a question. :rolleyes:

hard-case

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2007
Thanks guys! I didn't realize that how you added it made it appear differently.

Just as an addendum, there's actually more to it than that. I had the same question a few months ago...cleared out my contacts, added pics to the contacts via my address book then synced them to the iPhone, but some of them still came up as full screen. Turns out that it is also the size of the image as well. The ones where the image was large (ballpark of above 300x300 resolution or so) the phone would display the image at full screen. Shrinking the image to 200x200 and under got them to display as the small image.

tbone7467

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2007
That just answered one of my questions. The other being that I dont have the decline button on that first screen. all I get is the slide to open when people call.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
That just answered one of my questions. The other being that I dont have the decline button on that first screen. all I get is the slide to open when people call.

You mean slide to answer? You get that when the phone is locked.

If your just doing stuff on the iPhone then you will get that screen.

dno555

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2008
here is what you do !!

if you want full screen photo then make your photos 320 X480 then upload in to your iphone , then select that photo for the contact.

Anything Smaller than 320 X480 will show just the way you want it (small )

I like full screen photo and i had problem with that . I had to make all my contact photos bigger in photoshop .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.