Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
I was wondering why get a case. In the past, I got a case to prevent the screen from scratching. Now the touch, you need to touch the screen so any point of putting a case over it would be well stupid in my opinion. any reason to get one?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I wouldn't get a case that always covers the display but I would certainly want to get one that covered everything else to save it from bumps and bruises that might happen every day and to spare it at least some of the shock of a fall.

colto

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Having an invisible shield on an iPod Touch will provide a perfect seal between the screen and the protector. This will make the touchscreen work just like normal except for a less glassy feel to it. Plus it keeps it from scratching the screen. Personally though, I will wait until iskin comes out with a revo protector for the iTouch. :)

PodHead

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2006
Boise, ID
Having an invisible shield on an iPod Touch will provide a perfect seal between the screen and the protector. This will make the touchscreen work just like normal except for a less glassy feel to it. Plus it keeps it from scratching the screen. Personally though, I will wait until iskin comes out with a revo protector for the iTouch. :)
I have this for my 5G iPod video...works extreamly well.

nirvana06

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Toronto

that does not cover up the screen or does it? Is there something that covers up the screen but still makes it functional?

edit...never mind...i see how it works. Very nice.

csmitty

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
I 2nd the iskin cases. I've had them on my 5G video and 2G nano, i even waited to use the nano till i got the skin. Now i'm not using the touch as much till one comes out. I agree its more for a shock absorbing factor for me. I had a palm tx fly out of my pocket while driving my jeep and it landed on the street. Fortunatly the case i had on took all the shock and was trashed, palm was just fine.

iskin makes some top notch stuff. and i might try one of those griffins if they come out before hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.