Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mobilehavoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I ordered both a dock and case the first day they were available and yet both are now "prepared for shipment". This means they won't be here for at least another 5 days (2 weekend then whatever transit time). Seems odd that they couldn't have shipped these earlier in the week so you had them in time for the iPad. It's not like having the case and dock in advance would have been a big deal for Apple...and it's obvious they have some quantity because the Apple Stores will have them by tomorrow for in store as well as the reviewers having them for weeks.

Sometimes Apple's decisions just confuse me.

Virtuality

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2007
Good question. As I understand it, some people has had their cases shipped - maybe they ran out?

Anyways, I've ordered one keyboard dock, one case and 1 dock connector to VGA adapter.
I just received notification that the adapter has shipped via FedEx. Delivery April 6th. Not too excited about the adapter though. :p

I want the case!

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
My case and dock have been "Prepared for Shipment" since Wednesday night.

If I'd known they REALLY meant "by April 3rd" in the context of "waiting until 11:59 pm on April 2nd to ship", then I would have ordered a third party case instead of the official one.

Virtuality

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2007
My case and dock have been "Prepared for Shipment" since Wednesday night.

If I'd known they REALLY meant "by April 3rd" in the context of "waiting until 11:59 pm on April 2nd to ship", then I would have ordered a third party case instead of the official one.
Well still, lucky you! My case and dock is just "Not yet shipped". :( When did you order? Says my case will arrive on April 19th.

jimmypopjr

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2009
Philly
my dock shipped this morning from Hong Kong. Weird thing is that I ordered the dock maybe two days ago. My case, which I ordered the same day as the iPad (first day of preorders), is still sitting in 'prepared to ship' status.

Also, the dock won't be here until late next week.

Virtuality

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2007
my dock shipped this morning from Hong Kong. Weird thing is that I ordered the dock maybe two days ago. My case, which I ordered the same day as the iPad (first day of preorders), is still sitting in 'prepared to ship' status.

Also, the dock won't be here until late next week.
Ah, that's the normal dock right? That's supposed to ship by April 3rd. Only keyboard dock that will be coming later. :)

G4R2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2006
The standard dock I ordered has already shipped by Fed Ex.

The keyboard dock, case, and VGA connector are prepared for shipment. Interestingly, the keyboard dock is prepared for shipment but indicates ship date of April 15th and a delivery date of April 20th.

The iPad 32 gig wi-fi only is in transit by UPS.

And the iPad 64 gig 3G is still, unsurprisingly, not yet shipped with a shipment date of late April.

Spudracer

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2009
Just got a ship notification with tracking number for the case a few minutes ago. The case shipped with Fedex and shows delivery April 3rd just like the iPad. Cool! The dock (not keyboard version) still says ships by April 3rd so we'll probably see those showing up Tue/Wed next week. This is cool. I wanted the case more than the dock anyway.

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
When I ordered it told me my case wouldn't ship until the last week of April. I wondered why, just stick it in a box and go ;).

Virtuality

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2007
Just got a ship notification with tracking number for the case a few minutes ago. The case shipped with Fedex and shows delivery April 3rd just like the iPad. Cool! The dock (not keyboard version) still says ships by April 3rd so we'll probably see those showing up Tue/Wed next week. This is cool. I wanted the case more than the dock anyway.
Lucky you! I wish my case was shipping as well. :( Guess I ordered too late. I don't know what to do with the iPad until I have the case (except for at home), and if I have to wait until April 19th I'll be very frustrated. :p

I live in Sweden so I can't go out and buy another case or that one in a store or such.

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2002

Same here. Just rec'd shipping notification for the case (via FedEx ground) but dock, also ordered at same time as case and iPad 1 hour after delivery opened March 12, still says ships by April 3.

FedEx says I should have the case Wednesday.

My 32gb WI-FI iPad has shipped and is due to arrive to me in Texas tomorrow.

Young Turk

mobilehavoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
My case just shipped as well but it's Fedex ground. I don't understand the purpose of ordering accessories for a product that is guaranteed delivery by 4/3 while they all come afterwards. I couldn't care less about the dock but I ordered the case thinking I'd have it from the moment I got the iPad.

Now I have to wait until Tues/Wed for it to arrive or try to find one in a BBY or Apple store over the weekend and return the one that's coming.

Anybody know if BBY or Apple are stocking iPad cases over the weekend? I assume they must for people picking up in store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.