Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
So around last month i got the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3. First unit recieved had a loose back cover. And the plastic covering the front screen is dirty. Thus im pretty sure it was 2nd hand but repacked and sold as new.

Complained to the seller and recieved a "new" unit. Only to find that the 2nd unit was missing the Bezel Stickers. Thus it was also a repack.

So a few days back i sold the Z Fold 3 and went back to my old iPhone 12 Pro Max and how glad that i went back.

Why? As far as i know its very easy to check if an iPhone is brand new or repacked. Just type the serial number and its enough. And iPhone uses screws to hold the front and back so i wouldn't have to worry about loose back covers...

In Indonesia there are many notorious sellers who sell 2nd hand phones as new. And the only brand which i can buy peacefully is Apple. Other than Apple its a hit and miss.

Not saying that the Z Fold 3 isnt a good phone, but for USD$1600 im pretty sure everyone wants a really brand new phone and not some repacked stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20220313_224746.jpg
    IMG_20220313_224746.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 385

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Did you enjoy the foldable phone experience?

Looking forward to apple releasing a 8” foldable iPhone.

Day 1 purchase for me.

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
Did you enjoy the foldable phone experience?

Looking forward to apple releasing a 8” foldable iPhone.

Day 1 purchase for me.
Erm... I only use the inner screen for Netflix. For other stuff I only use the outside screen. Very slim thus its very good for 1 handed use.

Reactions: LFC2020
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.