Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paolo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
I don't understand why evertime someone brings up a new topic (like the G5) they also quickly compare it to like a P3 or P4... This is a MAC rumors site. Who here really cares what a P3/4 can and can't do. We only care what the Mac CAN and can't do. So why does everyone always have to compare it to a PC. If your a make person your not going to be going after a PC every again because you know macs are better so why can't everybody just stop talking about P3/4!!!

Thank you

synp

macrumors member
May 22, 2001
Because it's there

I don't care about Intel, Motorola, Apple or Microsoft. I want my apps to run well and fast. Apple makes them run nicer than Microsoft, but if the speed is not up to par...

So you see, it is important to compare them.

samir

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2001
colombia
we hate pentium because is popular so is inevitable compare power pc vs pentium ,is a natural enemy and some apple users dont know the diference ,thats why we always compare pentium or pc vs apple

MasterX (OSiX)

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2001
Because (caution: boring ramble)

If I own a mac for hundereds more than a PC, I want to know that it's well worth it. Also INtel/AMD always say false repots about how fast their new CPUs are, we need to know that they aren't. Besides, since Intel AMD and Apple are technically all CPU competators, it's like research reports for cars. Must know that although Kia says they're better than Toyota (for example), when you do your research you find their performance sucks, and they get repaired all the time. Case in point.. we want to know that our CPU is the fastest, easiest, and that all our problems are even bigger and worse on PCs. That was definatly a ramble, please don't read it, I think this post was pointless. Sorry I didn't realize that sooner :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.