Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Can anyone please give us one logical reason Apple didn't include quick reply notifications like OS X Mavericks? Or will it be a surprise feature? It would be nice to not get ripped out of an app to reply to a message.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Can anyone please give us one logical reason Apple didn't include quick reply notifications like OS X Mavericks? Or will it be a surprise feature? It would be nice to not get ripped out of an app to reply to a message.

It's too early to judge. They may include it in a later build.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California

You have a good point. I guess we'll see if Apple's innovative side will think this up.

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
I'm sure they've been well aware people have wanted it for a while. My best uneducated guess is that iOS 7 has been such an overhaul that it demands all the team's resources right now, and that a quick reply functionality baked into the OS would take some time to develop well and test for bugs, so it's on the back burner while they just perfect iOS 7 for now. I'm hoping to see it in a later build but I'm not too optimistic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.