Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satchmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
IMO, Apple One is too expensive for the value it provides. It’s not very flexible however, Apple Music and TV+ are great.

It’s the storage space that I have issue with. I mean 50gb is pretty low. Heck even 200gb is low compared to the competition that offer 1TB and 2TB for the same price.

Come on Apple, throw us a bone and bump up those storage tiers.

Reactions: Algr

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Apple does offer a 2TB plan which is the same monthly price or cheaper than Google One, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.

That said, IMO Apple’s iCloud isn’t versatile enough to manage larger collection’s making it terrible for business/enterprise. You can’t even upload a folder on the iCloud website only individual files.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
I agree that another tier would be good. The jump from 200GB to 2TB is quite large. I just broke the 200GB level as my family all use it. But it will take many years before we get close to 2TB based on the current curve. Even a 500GB tier would be useful.

Reactions: compwiz1202

SalisburySam

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2019
Salisbury, North Carolina
Two terabytes are not all that much anymore with one hour-long 4K video consuming 20GB-30GB. I long ago outgrew using cloud storage for certain files.

I have two 8TB hard drives connected to my iMac storing years of photos/videos. Initially, one backed up the other but the libraries grew now consuming 75% of all the combines storage. Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive? Not gonna cut it for this use. I had a 2TB Dropbox subscription for backing up all other files and sharing them among devices, but moved all that to OneDrive and saved the Dropbox costs. I have 5TB of OneDrive from my 365 subscription which I need anyway and can still share across devices.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
For the average user it's more than they will ever, ever need.
True, but they could be a little more generous with storage on Family Sharing plans. 200GB is not a lot to share between 5 people, and it’s a little odd that they increased individual storage to 12TB but kept the premier Apple One plan at 2TB.

Reactions: SalisburySam

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
50GB is definitely low considering the smallest physical storage on any of their devices is 64GB, and a larger majority now start at 128GB or more. If they overhauled it to 128GB, 512GB, 2TB, 6TB and 12TB that would make it a lot more useful for a lot more people. At least that way the amount of cloud storage would equal or exceed your on device storage at the entry level so you can use it to the fullest.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Now that Apple is offering 6TB and 12TB, I'm curious to see if they provide those storage options to Apple One users. Currently Apple one provides 2TB.

PandaNix

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2018
Agree. It's a huge jump from 200GB to 2TB and in cost, especially as I'm already paying for 1TB OneDrive. Really annoying and Apple One Premier is only a $5 saving as I have no use for the fitness, games or news

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.