Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Same here, I have deleted the old back up and also signed out of iCloud. signed back in and done a back up still getting the generic icon. This started when I got the message from an overnight automatic back up ”Some files were unavailable during the the last back up”. So the back up was not completed. There is more than enough room in iCloud, I am running 14.6 iPadOS, all apps are swiped closed, and a power cycle done, as well as volume up/down power held done, when I select back up now it completes the back up. When I deleted the back up and turned backup off, waiting a few minutes, then turned it back I on got the message back up will take place when locked, and charging. Waited several minutes and then opened the iPad and go the same error message “some files unavailable….” At that point I tried a backup now, it did create a new back up, but the icon remained generic. Any ideas to sole both issues?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.