Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sola77

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Why is my iPad showing the Safari pages I have open on my iPhone?
When I go into the open Safari tabs on my iPad, the very bottom says "iPhone" and has the pages currently open on the iPhone.

I use the same apple ID for both, but I don't want to see what is open on the iPad. My fiance uses it during the day..

How do I turn this off?

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
When I go into the open Safari tabs on my iPad, the very bottom says "iPhone" and has the pages currently open on the iPhone.

I use the same apple ID for both, but I don't want to see what is open on the iPad. My fiance uses it during the day..

How do I turn this off?

Go to the iPad and go to Settings, iCloud, and uncheck Safari on the iPad.

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX

How do I turn this off?

Trying to do some private surfing, are we?

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Go to the iPad and go to Settings, iCloud, and uncheck Safari on the iPad.

But then Bookmarks won't sync.

I think the best solution if you need to visit websites you don't want others to see is to install Chrome.

Use Chrome when you want to, let's say, buy that secret birthday present, or without wanting to get too graphic, choke the chicken.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
But then Bookmarks won't sync.

I think the best solution if you need to visit websites you don't want others to see is to install Chrome.

Use Chrome when you want to, let's say, buy that secret birthday present, or without wanting to get too graphic, choke the chicken.

I think the OP's point is that the fiance is browsing Safari on the iPad, and he/she can see whatever they are doing on their iPhone.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I think the OP's point is that the fiance is browsing Safari on the iPad, and he/she can see whatever they are doing on their iPhone.

I understood the OP's question just fine, thats why I suggested to use Chrome.

Your suggestion would also disable bookmark syncing, which he may not want to loose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.