Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
I have one app in the App Store, which is free. This app uses an in-app purchasing model to unlock new levels in a game. Specifically, once a preschool child (the user) passes Level 2, they are given the opportunity to continue to levels 3-8 after a parent purchases them.

I now have over 300 app units downloaded over the past month, with more from previous months. But I still have no sales.

What are some possible reasons why I have no sales, and how can I rule those reasons out?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
For a free game, it's normal for less than 2% of the download-base actually spending a dime on it. I would imagine the number even lower when it's not an adult who can just go and impulse buy it, but a kid who has to go and ask permission

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
People are so resistant to spending money on an App, I'd suspect they get what they can get out of it for fee, and vs, buying the additional levels, they just search out another free option.

You'd have to have something really compelling for user retention, if that has costs associated with it. How much do levels 3-8 cost? Is it a per-level price, or a single price for all 6? Are levels 1-2 robust enough that the paid levels represent good "value"?

Reactions: casperes1996

lineengraver

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2018
Ukraine
Just try to use Firebase Analytics to detect last stage of the purchasing process, when it is completed. You will see many happy users.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
People are so resistant to spending money on an App, I'd suspect they get what they can get out of it for fee, and vs, buying the additional levels, they just search out another free option.

You'd have to have something really compelling for user retention, if that has costs associated with it. How much do levels 3-8 cost? Is it a per-level price, or a single price for all 6? Are levels 1-2 robust enough that the paid levels represent good "value"?

$2.99, single price for all levels. As for your next question, there are no contraindicating reviews.

pippox0

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2014
Try a lower price i.e. 0,99 $ for a short time ...
Some little money is better than nothing ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.